Count Hanau-Lichtenberg Armorial
16th Century colored print 386 mm x 292 mm
Wappen derer Hanau - Lichtenberg / Coat of Arms of Hanau - Lichtenberg / Armas de Hanau - Lichtenberg
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The County of Hanau-Lichtenberg was a territory in the Holy Roman Empire. It emerged between 1456–80 from a part of the County of Hanau and one half of the Barony of Lichtenberg. Following the extinction of the counts of Hanau-Lichtenberg in 1736 it went to Hesse-Darmstadt, minor parts of it to the Hesse-Cassel. Its centre was in the lower Alsace, the capital first Babenhausen, later Buchsweiler.